Phenolic foam insulation and Wood Blocks
See the information below on our phenolic foam insulation and wood block range.
Please call us today with any technical questions about our products.
Greenaway Pipeline Products offer a range of ‘Kooltherm’ Phenolic Pipe Support blocks for use on Steel tube, Copper tube, Stainless Steel tube, Plastic tube and Carbon Steel tube amongst others. The purpose of the ‘Kooltherm’ Phenolic Pipe Support block is to insulate the pipe whilst isolating it from the Pipe Clamp or Hanging Bracket in order to limit heat transfer and thermal bridging, and also to allow for a continuous vapour barrier to be carried through the support system. The Phenolic blocks are available to suit all tube sizes with varying thicknesses of insulation. Many of these size variations are available from stock. If not, they can be made to order.
They are made using a rigid closed cell foam construction, optimised to resist heat transfer, and are CFC / HCFC free, also resisting moisture absorption. All ‘Kooltherm’ Phenolic Pipe Supports are bore coated and are ideally suited to cold and chilled water services. The ‘Kooltherm’ Phenolic Pipe Support block is also CE marked, and has excellent fire and smoke performance characteristics. (Please contact us for specific details).
All ‘Kooltherm’ Pipe Support blocks are load bearing and can also be manufactured with an all-round spreader plate for vertical riser applications. The Phenolic blocks can be used with our Unlined Bright Zinc Plated Pipe Support Clamps with M8 / M10 tapping, and also Heavy Duty Split Band Hangers with or without a Boss.
Greenaway Pipeline Products also offer a separate range of Wood Block alternatives for Heat Insulation, which can also be used on cold and chilled water applications. These are typically made from Obeche wood which is kiln dried and sourced from Tropical West Africa. The Wooden blocks can be foil faced, therefore made to order, as well as being notched out to facilitate trace heating if required. The Wooden Insulation blocks can be used with our Unlined Bright Zinc Plated Pipe Clamps or Heavy Duty Split Band Hangers either Bossed or Unbossed.
Full specifications are available on request.
Phenolic foam insulation:
- CFC / HCFC free (ODP 0%)
- Class 0 UK Fire Compliance having low flame spread and low smoke emission in order to meet local fire regulations
- Rigid Closed Cell foam construction, thus resisting moisture ingress
- Thermally efficient ie low ‘K’ value, saving energy and Carbon Dioxide emissions.
- Ideally suited for use on cold and chilled water services (temperature range minus 180° C to 120° C)
- Suitable for mild steel, stainless steel and copper pipework, available from stock in sizes 1/2” NB to 6” NB (15mm - 159mm) and thicknesses from 15mm to 50mm.
(Full specification available on request. For full details please contact our sales department).
- FSC approved wood only available on special request
- Manufactured from Obeche wood, 100mm in length (longer lengths available to order).
- Foil facing for vapour sealing available to order thus reducing condensation.
Blocks can be ‘notched out’ for trace heating, allowing cables to be run alongside piping underneath insulation.